Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Blog Post #9

Post Brainstorming/ideas for Short essay

For the first short essay I'm thinking of writing about my experience with teaching/observing primary education students and how I came to decide on pursuing a graduate education and becoming a professor instead. This is going to be written because I am currently working at a day care and at the WC as well as taking classes so I do not have much time to explore other mediums of expressing my ideas for this essay. 
For the past 5 years I have worked in day cares and after school programs. When I first began working with the little munchkins it was not too bad, but the more I was exposed to the environment the more I swore I would never have children. 
My opinions have slightly changed since then; I'm not opposed to having children but I really want to home school them.
The focus of this short essay will probably be how, from what I've seen, parents spoil their kids very easily and (most of the time) because they are so busy that they do not respond well to their children's needs both in terms of sleep/food/etc. and (sometimes most importantly) disciplinary. It will basically be scenes from my interactions with the students and how the way they are being raised is a reflection of society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment