Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Blog Post #11
Drafty writing/brainstorming for Short essay 2
For my second short essay I think I will write about how my families expectation of my success is both encouraging but mostly stressful. I'll discuss how I'm simply expected to get good grades and get a good job. Part of it will also be discussing the (annoying) question that gets asked half a million times "what are you going to do with an English degree?" of course now that I'm in the graduate school the question has evolved into two questions, "What is writing studies?" and "What are you going to do with that degree?"
I feel that this is going to turn into a rant about some people not understanding the difficulties of academic studies and the stress that comes along with it as well as the fact that society does not value English or writing studies as much as they do math or science.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment