For my second long essay I will write about tennis and basically
how it affected my life.I played for seven years and ended up having to stop
due to an injury (series of injuries) that made it impossible for me to hold a
racquet let alone play a match. I'm thinking of using the scoring system for
tennis to segment my essay (me vs. tennis) to show how, ultimately, I was
defeated by it. Despite my injuries I wish I could play tennis and after 3
years of not being able to play I still suffer from pains and aches. I want to
explore why, despite my body basically falling apart, I still want to play. Is
it because of the feeling of inclusion that comes from a team. After spending
over 4 hours together 6 days a week it's hard to not become close to the other
people on the team. Also there is the stress of being on a "team" but
having to play the matches on your own (or with a partner if you play doubles)
but having the pressure of the team depending on you, while not playing with
the team as a whole.
There are a lot of
aspects I want to get into and I'm not sure how the scoring will work in
separating my segments but so far these are the ideas I've got.
No comments:
Post a Comment